How to cleanse suede shoes?
One of the questions we get a lot is how to easily clean your suede shoes. There are some different methods that you can use, which we will explain in this article.
There can be a big difference between what kind of suede your shoes are made of. You have to be especially gentle on some shoes, and with others you can easily wash them with water and soap. In addition, there is also a difference between whether there is just mud or whether a fat spot has arrived on your suede. In this guide I cover some of the methods that I think is best.
The article contains:
- Use a suede brush + cleansing soap (not for delicate shoes)
- Use a crepe brush when you're on the go
- Remove stains with an eraser for suede
- Remember to use impregnation
1. Use a suede brush and cleansing soapIn my experience, this is one of the most widely used and effective methods.Remember That very delicate suede shoes cannot always withstand water and soap, which you need to be aware of. However, the vast majority of suede shoes and - cansneakers manage this without any problems .. We recommend that you use aCleaning Foam Cleaning soap and onesuede brush.
How to use the suede brush and soap:
- Apply a bit of cleansing soap on the shoe
- Makes the brush wet and scrub the shoe with the hard side
- Wipe the shoe clean with one microfiber cloth or rinse the shoe in water
- When the shoe is dry, the other side of the brush is used to comb the hair
You can read more about how to use the brush and soap on their product pages.
2. Use a crepe brush to refresh the shoes on the goA crepe brush is a brush with rubber surfaces underneath that can pick up dirt and dirt. It works on suede, nubuck and leather shoes. It can be used on delicate shoes is also easy to carry in the bag. The brush is specially developed for suede and nubuck shoes.
Remember That this brush does not cleanse as thoroughly as other methods, but it is incredibly gentle and easy to use.
When using it, neither use water nor other cleaning products. It is also one of the gentlest methods that is found to clean suede shoes. Remember that a crepe brush can't remove large mud spots from your suede shoes or -sneakersBut that it is gently cleaning the shoe. It is also smart for refreshing the hairs on your suede shoes if they have become stiff over time.
How to use a crepe brush:
- Remove the worst dirt and dirt from the shoe
- Take the brush and iron hard over the shoe
- To clean the brush you can rinse it in water